Dulce Pontes:


My Choice - Dulce Pontes: Your Love (Morricone)-(Pics of Portugal)


"Your Love" with the music "Once Upon a Time in The West" by Ennio Morricone, sung by the Portuguese singer, Dulce Pontes. We're showing photos of the Portuguese island of Madeira. Lyrics below.


Dulce Pontes was born in 1969 in Montijo not far from Lisbon. Trained as a pianist, she became a singer after entering a competition in her hometown at age 18. She soon became an actress in Portuguese television and theater. 



Her work is inspired and influenced not only by Iberian musical tradition, but also Arabic, African, Brazilian and Bulgarian sounds. She sings mostly in her native Portuguese, as well as Spanish, Galician, Mirandese, Italian, English, Arabic and Greek.



Madeira is a Portuguese archipelago just under 400 km north of the Canary Islands, in the north Atlantic Ocean and an outermost region of the European Union. 



The archipelago comprises one of the two Autonomous regions of Portugal (the other being the Azores located to the northwest), that includes the islands of Madeira, Porto Santo, the Desertas and the Savage Islands.
Madeira was re-discovered by Portuguese sailors in the service of Infante D. Henrique (Henry the Navigator) in 1419, and settled after 1420. The archipelago is considered to be the first territorial discovery of the exploratory period of the Portuguese Age of Discovery.



Madeira is noted for its wine, flowers, landscapes and embroidery artisans, as well for its annual New Years celebrations that feature a spectacular fireworks show (considered the largest in the world according to the Guinness World Records). 



Your Love (Lyrics)



I woke and you were there
beside me in the night.
You touched me and calmed my fear,
turned darkness into light.



I woke and saw you there
beside me as before.
My heart leapt to find you near
to feel you close once more.
To feel your love once more.



Your strength has made me strong.
Though life tore us apart
and now when the night seems long
your love shines in my heart
Your love shines in my heart.




Music is copyrighted by its corresponding owners. No infringement of copyright is meant and if it does infringe, please message me and I'll remove it.

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Como Fazer Chá de Hortelã – Receita e Dicas

Calorias da Manga – Tipos, Porções, Dicas e Receitas

14 Benefícios do Rabanete – Para Que Serve e Propriedades